Election: November 4, 2014
Voter Guide to:
Online Voter Guide: Visit the League's Vote411.org to get a personalized list of races on your ballot with candidate biographies and answers to questions.
2014 Voter Guide Part II
Information on the statewide candidates and three ballot proposals.
2014 Voter Guide Part I
Information on voter registration, absentee ballots, deadlines for registration, voting machines and more.
Board of Elections Abstracts of Proposals
Find my Legislative Districts
- Voter Lookup: Verify your voter registration, check your districts, and find your polling place.
- District List for residents of Saratoga County (by town/city)
- New 2012 District Maps for Congress, NY State Senate and NYS Assembly races
- Chart of Saratoga County Legislative Districts by city/town and election district
- Register to vote online through DMV
- Voter Registration Form
- Voter Registration Form – Fill
- Absentee Ballot Application
- Polling Place Lookup
- First Vote (English): A Guide for New Voters in NYS
- First Vote (Spanish): A Guide for New Voters in NYS
- Military/Federal Voting Info
- Voter Registration Form – Spanish
- New York State Board of Elections
- Saratoga County Board of Elections
- How New Voting Machines work
Voting pamphlets for specific populations
In addition to the basic Voter's Guide above, the League of Women Voters of New York State publishes a series of five informational pamphlets for specific populations:
- College Students: Text Version Brochure
- Individuals with Disabilities: Text Version Brochure
- Homeless Individuals: Text Version Brochure
- Individuals with Mental Health Disabilities: Text Version
- Individuals with Criminal Convictions and Those Detained in Jail or Prison: Text Version Brochure
Other sources of non-partisan information
- League of Women Voters: National
- League of Women Voters of New York State
- VOTE411.org - The League’s nonpartisan resource for election and voting information.
- Project VoteSmart Nonpartisan citizens’ organization provides candidate's voting records, campaign finances, performance evaluations by more than 200 liberal and conservative special interest organizations, biographical backgrounds, issue positions and public comments. View the website or contact student researchers on their hotline (1-888-VOTE SMART).
- Factcheck.org - Nonpartisan site checks the accuracy of political ads and allegations.
- Federal Election Commission Official site of the government agency that regulates campaign finance.
- Center for Responsive Politics Nonpartisan site on money in U.S. elections.
- PolitiFact - Tampa Bay Times project that examines and rates the truth of statements by members of Congress, the White House, lobbyists and interest groups.
- Polling Reports - Trends in American public opinion
Contact Elected Officials
Find elected officials, including the president, members of Congress, the governor, and state legislators through the League of Women Voters directory. Use the Legislative Action Center to contact your elected officials, or sign up for action alerts on the issues that are important to you.
Vote 411: Electronic Voter Guide is LIVE for Primary Races
- NY State Governor - Democratic Party Primary
- NY State Lieutenant Governor - Democratic Party Primary
- NY State Senate District 49 - Democratic Party Primary
Patti Southworth vs. Madelyn Thorne District Map
Previous Candidate Guides
- Online Voter Guide: Visit the League's Vote411.org to get a personalized list of races on your ballot with candidate biographies and answers to questions.
- 2014 School Board Elections
- 2013 Nov. Election for Saratoga County
- 2013 School Board Elections
- 2012 Nov. Election for Saratoga County
Includes U.S. Senate, Congressional, State Senate, State Assembly and local races
- 2012 Nov. Election for Capital District
- 2012 Debate Recordings and News Coverage
- 2012 State Primary Voter Guide: Printable (PDF) covering all primary races on September 13th for the State Senate and State Assembly.
- 2012 Congressional Primary Voter Guide: Printable (PDF) covering all Congressional primary races on June 26th affecting Saratoga County.
- 2011 Voter Guide